Friday, May 1, 2009

YEAH me!

I just found out yesterday that I got a position as a scrapbook designer for the local store here in Brigham City. It took a month before they called me and told me I got it. I was so excited, I thought they had chosen someone else. I made a book for Talin's grandma of a three generation teddy bear. That made them interested, so they gave me a trial run with a very complicated kit. I made it and took it in. Later I saw it up in the store but I didn't hear from them in a long time, so I figured it didn't do well. I was so wrong. I guess they sold off the table. The store couldn't get them put together fast enough. It made me so happy to know that something I designed was so popular. I have been trying different crafting ideas and I finally found something that I can do well enough to market. It doesn't really pay, I get store credit, but it gives me something to do and a way to use my talents. The pictures below are the album that I used as a resume and the teddy bear. I wish I could show you my work, but until I am no longer under contract I am not allow to post any photos.


This bear belonged to Tom's dad Terry, when he was a baby, then it was Tom's when he was a baby. Now it is Talin's. He loves it! He is always reaching for it. It plays music so Talin listens to it when he goes to sleep at night.

1 comment:

Ilene said...

Lisa, Cute pictures! I can't read what you wrote, my computer must not have that font. It's all pictures and symbols, but nice scrapbooking. How are you liking Brigham City? I need to get your phone number so I can call you and catch up!